BELL RAJ EAPEN
DOMAINS OF INTEREST AND EXPERTISE
eHealth / Health Informatics
- Provide support for terminology or ontology related
- Evaluating eHealth and EHR/EMR solutions systematically
according to organizational needs.
- Physician adoption and change management recommendations
for Health Informatics Services.
- Advice on interoperability services for Health
- Setting up open source projects.
- Collaborating with teams in Middle East (Dubai) and India
for technical and marketing issues
- Technical evaluation of innovative product ideas.
- Marketing surveys related to dermatology and skin care
- Marketing of skin care products and services in Middle
East (Dubai) and emerging markets such as India.
- Social Media Marketing of skin care products to
- I DO NOT provide online medical consultation through this website. Please use my dedicated portal (skinhelpdesk.com) for online medical consultation.
- Analysing health data for Pharmacovigilance and Drug
- Health data analytics for finding trends and data
- eHealth and Bioinformatics support for clinical research.
- Advice on study design and other issues of clinical
research projects in dermatology.
- Computational modeling and simulation support for
- Innovative study design for clinical trials for cosmetic
dermatology products and devices.
- Clinical applications of bioinformatics solutions.
- Specific advice on any bioinformatics related issues.
- Provide an expert review of keywords/topics based on
articles available from leading biomedical literature resources such
pubmed, Ovid, CINAHL, Web of Science:
Geographic Areas of Interest and Experience:
Canada, India, United Arab Emirates (Dubai), Middle East, Far East
- MSc eHealth, McMaster University, April 2015 (Expected).
- Dip. Derm. Royal College of Physicians And Surgeons of
Glasgow, Oct 2005.
- MSc Bioinformatics, Sikkim Manipal University, Feb 2005.
- MD (Dermatology and Venereology), Kasturba Medical
College, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, July 2000. Equivalent to
medical postgraduate degree.
- MBBS Saint John's Medical College, Bangalore University,
June 1996. Equivalent to First Professional Degree in Medicine (Doctor
- Very good liaison between Clinical, Technical and
- Essential Database management skills related to
health-care data and analytics with SPSS and R (Deducer & Rattle).
- Proficient in MS Office, SQL, SPARQL (RDF query
language), JAVA and PHP. Working knowledge of PERL, Python, Ruby,
- Good understanding of ICH-GCP guidelines and clinical
- Expertise in Clinical and Cosmetic Dermatology with
special interest in Contact dermatitis and formulations.
- Experience in clinical applications of bioinformatics.
- Excellent communication skills with several publications
in peer reviewed journals. (http://gulfdoctor.net/publi.htm)
- Exceptional creative thinking skills and a proven
innovator. Winner of multiple InnocentiveŽ challenges
- Basic project management skills.
- Avid Medical Blogger - http://blog.gulfdoctor.net (Top
Clinical / Cosmetic Dermatology blog)