Summary: A dermatologist and computational biologist from India and a resident of Canada. As a dermatologist and
bioinformatician my research mainly involves application of
bioinformatics techniques and tools in dermatological conditions. My
research interests are varied as I am interested in a wide range of
theoretical and practical issues in dermatology. [Statement of research interests] [Recruiter's page]
- Expertise in Clinical and Cosmetic Dermatology with special interest in Contact dermatitis, Formulations and Phototherapy.
- Experience in Genomics, Systems Biology, Microarray analysis, Immunology, Mathematical modeling, computer programming, Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics and Machine learning algorithms.
- Good understanding of ICH-GCP guidelines and clinical research methodology.
- Essential Database management skills especially related to health-care data and analytic process.
- Working proficiency in SAS, SQL and Matlab.
- Basic project management skills.
- Background knowledge of modelling and simulation for clinical trial design and analysis.
- Good communication skills with several publications in peer reviewed journals and a regular column in local newspaper.
- Excellent creative thinking skills and a proven innovator (Winner of multiple Innocentive challenges (www.innocentive.com) and inventionUNITED product plan (http://www.inventionunited.com)
MBBS Saint John's Medical College, Bangalore.
(Bangalore University). INDIA, June 1996. Equivalent to First Professional Degree in Medicine (Doctor of Medicine)
MD (Dermatology and Venereology), Kasturba
Medical College, Manipal. (Manipal Academy of Higher Education). INDIA,
July 2000. Equivalent to Medical (post-graduate) degree
DNB (Dermatology and Venereology) National
Board Of Examinations, INDIA, Nov 2000
Dip. Derm. Royal College of Physicians And
Surgeons of Glasgow, UK, Oct 2005
MSc (Bioinformatics) Sikkim Manipal University,
INDIA, Feb 2005
PGDBI (Post Graduate Diploma In Bioinformatics)
Bioinformatics Institute Of India, 2003
Diploma in Drug Designing & Patenting,
Bioinformatics Institute Of India, Jan 2004
PGDBM (Post Graduate Diploma in Business
Management) Rajiv Gandhi Education Foundation, Dec 2005
Specialist Dermatologist & Sr. consultant- Medical Innovations at Kaya Clinics, Middle East. (Feb 2007 onwards)
[My responsibilities include giving advisory support in choosing the right technology and machines for a chain of clinics in Middle East based on the analysis of safety, efficacy and business indicators in addition to clinical duties of specialist dermatologist.]
Dermatologist, Atlas Star Medical Center,
Dubai, UAE, Jan 2004 to May 2007.
Assistant Professor, Skin & STD; Sri
Ramachandra Medical College and Research institute (DU), INDIA (A Harvard
Medical International associated institution) April 2001 to Jan 2004.
[Taking theory classes and bed-side clinics for under-graduate and post-graduate students, Out-patient and In-patient management, organizing academic conferences and guiding post-graduate research and thesis.]
Associate Editor of International Journal of
Editorial board member of Hair : Therapy & Transplantation.
Editorial board member of the journal
'Bioinformatics and Biology Insights'.
- Editorial board member of Journal of Proteome Science and Computational Biology.
Member of the reviewer panel of Indian Journal
of Dermatologists, Venereologists and Leprologists.
- Reviewer for Clinical, Cosmetic and Investigational Dermatology.
- Reviewer for Journal of Medical Internet Research (JMIR).
Member of National Academy of Medical Sciences.
Fellow of Academy of General Education. (FAGE
Personal Profile: website: www.GulfDoctor.net
Present Address: P.O Box 50394, Dubai, UAE.
Permanent Address: (Preferred): P.O.Thazhekkad 680697, Thrissur Dt,
Email: webmaster (at) GulfDoctor.net,
bell.eapen (at) eim.ae
Nationality: INDIAN Date of Birth:
© COPYRIGHT 2010 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED GulfDoctor.net